Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dealing With Hope Fatigue

Whenever we hang on for a long time waiting for something we'd like to see happen, there comes a point of hope fatigue. 'I've done all I can. Why shouldn't it happen now? It isn't fair!'

That's how I'm feeling today. After a few days of looking every morning to see if I have a reply email and finding nothing, I'm weary of the dashed hopes. Reading through the Psalms, as I've done sporadically in recent weeks, I'm reminded of the current theme I've found in them - life is full of ups and downs. David said in what I read this morning, "weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning". Today's doldrums will pass.

For the moment I simply need to find a way out of them. It's probably a great time to put on the TV and learn about the progress overnight in bringing the Chilean miners to the surface. I haven't waited 69 days yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment