Sunday, October 24, 2010

Opening the Door




Friday night 10 PM I heard that they had a ticket booking and wanted me to come on Monday morning. Once I packed in about half an hour for an overseas trip that I ended up not going on. It was only going to be a week, so was much less complex. Thankfully lots got done in the last fortnight but there's always more one can do. Now the bags are packed: work clothes and nursing things, ordinary clothes, outdoor clothes for a remote area, presents for family (Christmas is coming), paperwork for travel and for midwifery, a few unfinished creative projects and a teddy bear I gave my hubby when he left us for a four month period overseas. :)

Today, the rain kept me from walking down to the lagoon to have a look at how it's changed since my last walk down. The picture heading the blog was taken that day, about a month ago now. In the past three years, it has usually looked more like the picture above, but with even less water.

For a brief period chatting after church, I actually felt excited! The details of organization have crowded it out. Once on the plane at 6:30 tomorrow, I'm sure it will start to sink in. A friend who is married to a Canadian and lived there for a while asked me to bring back a piece of labradorite! We have carried rocks back in the past. Once we brought a big piece of granite for a certain four year old who later lost it on the school bus. :(

1 comment:

  1. I'm confused - thought you would have left yesterday. Now it sounds like you don't leave until tomorrow. If you're still home call me later - after 9 p.m. my time. Otherwise - have a great trip, post pictures, get in touch if you think you have any time to visit and I'll see if a trip out there is feasible. Love...

    ReplyDelete