Thursday, October 28, 2010

THANKS

After 45 hours travel (including an overnight enroute, I arrived. For the first two nights in Canada, I was awake at 1 or 2 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. Last night I slept well for about 8 hours, waking early but not earlier than I sometimes do at home. It was a great first day on the ward with a lovely birth to a first time mother. She laboured well. Got a bank account so I can be paid. Found public access computers at tha local college nearby to my apartment so I can stop using someone else's login and catch up this blog. After being told I was needed to work the days of a course I'd understood I'd been accepted for, the manager was changing the roster today for me and another midwife to be able to attend. What graciousness. I've been given a ticket to travel to see my sister when I have a few days off and it doesn't conflict with the changes to the roster! So many things are coming together all at once...I have a great deal to be thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. Guess that probably isn't me... When, where? I still might like to come and visit but I need some info soon.

    ReplyDelete