Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Still in Limbo

I've been telling friends here who know my plans that I will know by Wednesday morning. That's now and I have received verification of my registration last night - I'm dealing with the other side of the world - but the HR person is on a business trip. I've emailed her to let her know that I have licensure but she hasn't answered. It's late evening now for her, but midday for me. That means another day of waiting.

I've felt as though I'm underwater, coming up for a breath from time to time. Each time I check, I'm hoping I will find out that I can move forward definitely. Each time I learn that something else needs to be obtained, I grab another breath and dive under. At the end of last week, I was told that the Australia papers had been sent. When they weren't received on Friday, it was too late here to follow up again until Monday. They were sitting in a pile waiting to be signed off. Done? Guess it depends on your definition.

Yesterday I pruned out the dead canes on the berries and got them up off the ground. Now they won't be pruned every time the area is mowed. Today I finished making some mint jelly with the early mint from the garden. We had no power yesterday so after gardening I headed into town to attend to errands there. I'm sure that even with this attitude I am trying to have of proceeding as if this is going to happen and continuing to prepare, I will find myself with things undone.

For the moment, I have another twelve hours in limbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment